Create a collections listing page
All Shopify stores have the option to go to the /collections page to see an alphabetical list of all the collections in your store. But...
Perhaps, you don't want to show all your collections?
Or you wish to create new pages showing a smaller subset of collection images?
Or your customers like to navigate visually by brand logo?
These options are all possible by creating a collections listing page.
In our Alchemy Masonry, Showcase and Symmetry themes, simply follow these instructions:
- Create a new collection in Admin → Products → Collections
- Make a note of the collection handle which is in the Search Engine Listing Preview section (e.g. 'browse-our-store')
- Select the collection template called 'collection.list-collections' (you will only see this option if the theme is your published theme)
- Save the collection (no need to add any products)
- Head over to Admin → Navigation and make a menu with the exact same handle as you made in step 2 (e.g. 'browse-our-store')
- Add collections to the link list
- Save the menu and you're done!
The thumbnail image displayed will either be the featured image of the collection or, if one doesn't exist, the first product from the collection.
Using tag filters in your menus to limit the products shown won't work with this feature - those filtering tags will just be ignored.
The collection listing template is included in the following versions:
Symmetry - July 10th 2014 (version 1.6 and above)
Click here to see the page in our Salt Yard Symmetry demo store.
Showcase - August 18th 2014 (version 1.0.1 and above)
Alchemy - July 11th 2014 (version 1.0.4 and above)
Masonry - August 6th 2014 (version 2.0 and above)
Clean - September 10th 2014 (version 2.4.4 and above)
Expression - Not supported
Canopy - Uses the page method explained in the Canopy theme settings