Create a collections listing page
All Shopify stores have the option to go to the /collections page to see an alphabetical list of all the collections in your store. But...
Perhaps, you don't want to show all your collections?
Or you wish to create new pages showing a smaller subset of collection images?
Or your customers like to navigate visually by brand logo?
These options are all possible by creating a collections listing page. These custom collections listing page or pages can contain all collections (shown in a different order) or a subset of your collections.
For our Canopy theme, and the latest versions of our Masonry, Symmetry and Showcase themes:
- Go to Admin → Online store → Navigation and create a new menu to hold the list of all the collections you wish to display. The menu must only contain collection links. Make a note of the menu handle.
- Then, create a new page, with exactly the same handle as the menu you made in step 1.
- Change the page to use the page template to 'page.list-collections', and save the page.
- Go back to Online Store → Navigation and add a link to the new collections listing page to your Main Menu or wherever you would like it to show in your store navigation.
Collection template method
Alchemy and older versions of other themes uses a collection template method
- Create a new collection in Admin → Products → Collections
- Make a note of the collection handle which is in the Search Engine Listing Preview section (e.g. 'browse-our-store')
- Select the collection template called 'collection.list-collections' (you will only see this option if the theme is your published theme)
- Save the collection (no need to add any products)
- Head over to Admin → Navigation and make a menu with the exact same handle as you made in step 2 (e.g. 'browse-our-store')
- Add collections to the menu
- Save the menu and you're done!
The thumbnail image displayed will either be the featured image of the collection or, if one doesn't exist, the first product from the collection.
Using tag filters in your menus to limit the products shown won't work with this feature - those filtering tags will just be ignored.
The Expression theme does not support a custom collections listing page.
Masonry theme versions before 3.0, Showcase versions before 2.0 and Symmetry versions before 3.0.4 use the collection listing method not the page method.